Single Family 3-Bdrm House for Rent - Heart of
Squirrel Hill, Pittsburgh
Convenient to CMU or Pitt; Adjacent to
Murray Ave. Shops & Restaurants
- Home in very good condition (currently owner-occupied)
- Brightly painted rooms
- 1400 sq2 ft2; 3 bedrooms + den/converted
attic, 1.5 baths (three floors + basement)
- Quiet location on a one-way street
- Walking distance to both Schenley and Frick Parks
Frick off-leash area for dogs, Schenley Oval exercise area and tennis courts)
- Large master bedroom with enormous closet; lots of storage
- Renovated brightly-lit kitchen with new appliances and extensive cabinets
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Fenced backyard suitable for medium-sized dog (well-behaved
- Two-car garage, accessible through private back alley
- Washer, Dryer, Dishwasher
- Large unfinished dry basement with plenty of storage space
- Connected for high-speed DSL
- Radiant heat; very reasonable utility bills
- Ornamental, vegetable, and kitchen gardens - easily grow
great tomatoes, berries, herbs
1 minute walk to all 61C/61D/61F bus line to Oakland (and Mineo's Pizza! - a
Pittsburgh landmark). Other bus lines 1-3 blocks away. Convenient to Shadyside, parkway, downtown. The owner of the house is currently a student at the
CMU Tepper School of Business, and has been very happy with the home and with
the neighborhood. The location is great for graduate students - at least
three other students just from Tepper live on the same street (Melvin St.)
Lease begins August 1st, 2006 (somewhat negotiable).
Rent $1450/month + 1 month deposit.
Graduate/professional students or
mature renters only.
Squirrel Hill information from the Pittsburgh City Council website
Information about Schenley Park
Information about Frick Park
Pittsburgh bus schedules and more at the Port Authority website
Contact andria"at"cmu.edu for more information.
Front yard in summer
Vegetable garden in back yard
Second vegetable garden, next to the garage
Frick Park in the fall. Frick Park is about five blocks away and home to a large Off Leash Exercise Area (OLEA) for dogs, as well as multiple trails for walking/jogging/mountain biking.